Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinto engined Roadster project for sale due ill health.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinto engined Roadster project for sale due ill health.

Posted on behalf of Hamish Gunn :

I have a 1986 built Marlin Roadster. It is on a Q plate, correctly registered as a Marlin, and currently SORN’d
    I stripped it down to bare metal and have rebuilt to a point where brake pipes are done, new loom in ready to connect and dash started.
    However, I have been given a bad medical diagnosis and have been forced to retire in my mid 40’s, the car project has to be moved on.

Contact [email protected]

The car is call “Roger” and he’s in a lovely place to take over for somebody and is a completely solid car which has had all the bad jobs done.
    I am hoping for £2500. However the 205 block Pinto and gearbox are worth about £700 on their own, so I don’t know.

+ + +
    I stripped down the whole car to bare chassis and took it down to the metal. I added a horizontal under the gearbox for the third support and to add some rigidity.
    Rear end – Diff. stripped, one new half shaft, both bearings and all rebuilt with new seals. New ex stock marina shocks with original marina springs.
    Brakes - all overhauled, new pistons and pipe work done.
    Fuel tank - installed but not connected.
    Wiring - loom installed but not connected.
    Cockpit - brushed alum. Dash installed with gauges, all toggle switches bought along with indicator/lighting stalk but still to fit and connect.
    Wiring - loom laid out behind dash but not connected, bulkhead seal stalled.

Front end - All bushes and bearings changed, tracking still to tighten. Loosely positioned and extra pair of old Lucas spots on front, still to add a brace under.
    Radiator re-cored and as new. Front end callipers overhauled and pipes completed up to master cylinder location.

Engine - 205block 2ltr Pinto, was running very well, so I have serviced, took exterior down to bare metal and painted with engine enamel.
    Timing belt changed and twin Webbers stripped and overhauled with new seals. Shaft seal changed for new.

Gearbox - 4speed manual Ford was operating well so shaft seals changed and new oil. Exterior stripped and painted with enamel.
    Clutch changed for new along with new thrust bearing.

I have all 5 wheels for it and the soft top is in very good condition.

I have almost everything I removed but all major parts are there to complete.

Next things it needs,
    1 - new wiring loom is all installed but needs connecting
    2 - need to purchase and install a heater matrix
    3 - brake master cylinder and servo need to be decided upon, purchased and installed. All pipe work up to servo is complete.
    4 - engine coolant pipes to manufacture and install.

sa.jpg

sd.jpg

se.jpg

sg.jpg
    sj.jpg
    More pics....sorry the Pinto pic is sideways !

Comment

Working...
    X