Hunter Central Door Locking - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Central Door Locking - NOT

The Hunter Door Lock(s) have always been a bit of a niggle and now seem to have stopped functioning properly.

Turn the key, both doors whirr for a while, the inner handles move, then unlock again.

Pushing the inner handle in has never been too successful, but now has the same effect.

Anyone experienced the problem and found a resolution?

Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

hi, so mine in my cabrio are just as useless, i believe its a sierra electric door locking system, its locked me out twice, once with the roof fitted and secure so be careful on that issue, i found that stripping both doors down lubricating everything as i put it back together so that each door worked correctly seemed to fix it, horrible job, it now works ok, but i really dont know what actually fixed it.., i say fixed it, i just dont lock it , Ever , i just shut the door firmly, but if you want the electric locking to work, i just wouldn't rely on it, all the bits are to old..., bit like the driver of my car really.
    4th Marlin owner

Comment

It very much sounds like my Cabrio which has the Sierra locks. The problem is the rods that connect the lock buttons to the servo motors get stuck. You can test this by winding the windows down and manually locking the doors on the inside. Then the outside lock should work. You can do each door in turn to find which one is jamming. Then there is little else you can do except take the door apart and try to ensure free movement.

I think mine was always the driver’s side. When the driver locks or unlocks their door the other doors follow suit. Obvs the Sierra’s rear doors are not in the Cabrio/Hunter. The servo responds to the lock input but when it jambs it treats it like the driver has immediately unlocked it. Hence the noise of the driver’s door locking, the passenger door following suit, the driver’s door unlocking, the passenger door following suit and so on.

Good luck,
      Paul

PS: It might start working by itself if you are really lucky.

PPS: The Sierra locks changed over the years so I think ours are a little different. Mine has a separate lock button rather than pushing the handle in. I also think Marlin used non-Sierra locks sometimes. The Mazda handles have a better exterior appearance. Are you certain the door is shut properly?

Comment

Working...
      X