Running-Board strips - Chromed plastic End Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running-Board strips - Chromed plastic End Caps

I’ve had one of my running-board end caps kicked off and lost. I thought it would be a great item for a 3-D printer, so asked locally and received this quote:-
    There will be a £300 modelling fee, then 3D printed production of a unit like this will likely be £40 each, with additional £20 if you would like it chrome painted (this will be a chrome spray paint, not chrome plated). We may be able to offer discounts if several units are ordered together”…...

I have a feeling no-one is going to ‘bite my hand off’ for a set of these at this price, but just putting this one out there:-

Running-Board.jpg

Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Kahawi
    Don’t know if this helps, these where available from Beauford kit cars, if their still in business, you could try their club. They were from Italy used on scooter footboards. Perhaps you can find a current supplier.
    Good luck DaveH

Comment

Not quite so sleek looking but I believe I got these from Woollies some time ago. IMG_4066.jpg
      Made of anodised aluminium alloy.

Comment

Type this into ebay search and you will get a large selection of options. If none quite right then it will give you an idea of what you need to search for.
        (vespa,lambretta,scooter) "end cap"

image.png

image.png
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks everybody, I've again emailed the Chairmen of the Beauford Club, (hopefully they will respond this time).

For just over £15 I’ve also ordered a set of stainless-steel Lambretta end-caps. Will let you know the outcome(s).

Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Working...
          X