Door seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door seals

What have others used as their door seals? In particular for an early Marina based Roadster with skinned plywood doors.
    The reason I ask is that I have tried a traditional seal, the sort with a squashy foam bit that is circular in section attached to a U shaped titenfast grip, and it is a very tight fit with the seal being squashed completly.

Cheers, Robin

I have used Phoenix Trim several times for special projects as they are in my area, but they also do mail order and have a very comprehensive stock. I suggest you use a hollow section if possible as it allows for large variations in gap. If using foam make sure you use the “skinned” version as it prevents water from soaking through!
    See link below.
    Phoenix Trim supplies Trim Seals & Rubber Extrusions for every purpose and specialize in selling off the roll. Check out our online 'Classic Mini Shop' and our 'Main Catalogue' of over 1'000 profiles.

If you print out the sample sheets on A4 the x-sections will be actual size. Peter.

Comment

If you find something that works please post here. I don't think it's possible due to the door hinges being effectively non adjustable and that flange is a real pain in your back when you've got your head under the dash!

Comment

My car is not on the road yet - problems with certification

But I decided to just use a rubber seal on the vertical bit by the door handle
        The car is not going to get much wet use and the running board stops anything from blowing up along the bottom.

Comment

Working...
        X