Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk2 Aluminum Suspension Covers

20240521_113256~2.jpg

As some of you know i have left most the metal body parts on my Marlin in aluminium.

The only ones which I have always wanted in aluminium are the suspension covers which obviously are Fibreglass.

Because of there complex shape, all the companies I have approached have said you have got to be joking. Others have quoted silly prices.

Well, at last, I found someone who would do it for me and all I have to do is put the finish (brushed look) on them and fit.

Unfortunately this person has said they would never have agreed to do it if they had realised how hard it would be, so no repeat business.

I'm over the moon with all the hard work that was put in to do this task out of one piece of sheet aluminium.

I will show them off at Malvern if anyone is interested.

Adrian
    Last edited by listerjp2; 21-05-24, 05:27 PM.

Wow !

See you at Malvern then

Comment

They look beautiful and will finish off the look you have achieved with the car. I am not surprised that he doesn't want to make any more. There was a lot of skill and effort required to make them.
      See you at Malvern .

Comment

Originally posted by MOC Chair View Post
        They look beautiful and will finish off the look you have achieved with the car. I am not surprised that he doesn't want to make any more. There was a lot of skill and effort required to make them.
        See you at Malvern .
        20240525_150626.jpg 20240525_150617.jpg And here they are fitted. Have tried to age them so that they fit in with rest of the car.

Adrian

Comment

They look good, just what I've always wanted!
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Try Formetal in Nuneaton, I am fairly sure Trevor would be happy to do them as you have the 'glass patterns, and he has some magic material for low run stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X