Problems with my bottom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my bottom...

....or perhaps I mean my "underside". I have a full length rear o/s exiting exhaust with a catalytic converter under the passenger footwell. "Sleeping policemen" are a nightmare as precision is required if bottoming is to be avoided. At the MOC gathering at Newfold Farm this week I managed to bottom twice on an ordinary road surface when the rear suspension came under extra load. I'm not sure what grounded, but I don't think ir was the CAT, rather it felt and sounded as if the suspension had bottomed. How can I limit the possibility of this happening again without ruining the ride?

If you have coilovers on the back you could see if you can get progressive springs that have a rising rate to offer more resistance as the suspension is compressed
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Rear ride height is adjustable by winding down the top spring mounting. It will increase the gap between wheel and wing but better than constantly bashing the bottom.
      Dave

Comment

Ride height will probably dictate amount of camber so there may be drawbacks to adjusting too far from the recommended . Sounds like the exhaust position is compromised by having the cat under the footwell. Can it be moved closer to manifold exit?

Comment

Thank you all...ride height seems OK when compared with other Hunter / Cabrios, and I have coil springs with seemingly standard oil filled shock absorbers. I'm considering upgrading to gas adjustable instead...any thoughts on make/set-up?

Comment

Working...
          X