Berlinetta seats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlinetta seats.

Any info on options for seats in Berlinetta from main stream cars. Looking for a more comfy option than present 07970080214 Baz

There's always a bit of a problem as the gap between cill and tunnel is very narrow, although not as bad as a Roadster. From main stream cars the choice is minimal. Bedford Rascal are said to fit and single seats from the big coaches also. From memory you have just 17" (43cm) width. Huntsman Recliners were popular and comfortable in their day, but your best bet is Intatrim in Telford who offer several types that will fit....an expensive option indeed, but most likely to be satisfactory.

Comment

As Bill says this has always been a problem as the seats are narrow and if you have the original tilt and recline seats there is a tendency for the steel tubes in the side bolsters to dig into your hip bones.
      Some years ago I improved things by fitting a plywood sheet under the seat cushion to stop me sinking in so much. Extra padding in the seat cushion would probably do the same.
      My present Berlinetta has wider seats which are a very tight fit which means that I am unable to adjust them.

Comment

Thanks for response Baz.

Comment

I fitted MX5 seats in my Marlin Sportster. They are very narrow and also readilly available from Ebay! Those from early cars, with removable headrests, are best.

Comment

I think the Sportster is slightly wider than a Berlinetta

Comment

Super 7 seats might be worth checking out, either Caterham or clones.

Comment

Working...
              X