Heater Controls for a Cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Controls for a Cabrio

Hello, I am slowly building up a Cabrio/Hunter from two previous cars. Can you advise me what 'slider controls' to use for the heater temp and vents. Plus also the fan selector knob. Does that assembly from a Sierra or Granada fit?

Many thanks,

Peter

I'm not sure where the heater controls were sourced from, but the heater blower switch was / is a 3 speed Vauxhall item from a Corsa / Astra I believe. It's a rotary switch to give the heater blower speeds and a push-pull switch which on the donor operated the heated rear window. On my Cabrio the push-pull was wired to over-ride the radiator fan to avoid overheating in traffic...

Comment

Heater controls from Sierra, like most parts. I moved my controls to the right to enable fitting the radio more centrally. Two problems arose - heater cables more tightly curved, so stiff & step on dash needs to be deeper to accommodate radio. All good fun to sort out! Any blower switch could be used, I used the one from the Sierra. Dave

Comment

Thanks both for your input.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter, purely for the archive record could you please tell me which cars these are ?

....PM if you prefer.

T I A Dave Cunnington

Comment

Working...
          X