• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newark 2024 Part 1

Saturday 21st was a superb weather day, despite the forecast

DC N 2024 1.jpg DC N 2024 2.jpg DC N 2024 4.jpg DC N 2024 3.jpg
    DC N 2024 5.jpg DC N 2024 6.jpg
    DC N 2024 8.jpg DC N 2024 9.jpg
    Last edited by dcunn; 23-09-24, 07:26 AM.

Part 3

Dave Raw's spare wheel on PFN :
    DC N 2024 29.jpg
    Fred Lodge's top hinged Berli boot :
    DC N 2024 25.jpg
    The line up :
    DC N 2024 37.jpg
    Last edited by dcunn; 22-09-24, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Part 4...in which the Sunday weather was fairly true to the forecast !. Only one Marlin car different to the Saturday line up:
      DC N 2024 43.jpg

However Malcolm Horn left his Roadster at home and instead brought the Citroen - with an 1100cc BMW powerplant :
      DC N 2024 42.jpg DC N 2024 46.jpg
      Last edited by dcunn; 22-09-24, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures David. Saturday was a wonderful day and we had 17 Marlins plus 1 TVR. The stand was full from end to end which provided an impressive display. After overnight rain, Sunday was rather dismal but we still had 6 Marlins and the BMW bike powered 2CV pickup. Later in the day I was absolutely soaked when helping to pack away the shelter provided by John which necessitated a change of trousers before the wet journey home towing our caravan!
        Thanks to all those who came and made it a success and special thanks to John and Evelyn Mulvaney for bringing the shelter. We couldn't have managed without it.

Comment

What a brilliant selection of photos as always

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed Saturday, the weather was perfect. Sunday was a wellie day and I was glad I had them with me!

Comment

Thank you Dave for the photos, John and Evelyn for the shelter, the teas and the company, and all the people I managed to chat to. Saturday was a perfect show day, Sunday a bit dismal, but I had a good 4 hour run home in the afternoon, warm and dry despite the periodic torrential downpours as I headed South.

Comment

Delighted to attend and meet so many enthusiastic Marlin owners, only wish I had managed to meet more of them and hear more Marlin stories (Hopefully more gatherings next year!).

Felt there was an excellent representation of the development on show and I think each car having its own take on the concept makes them even more interesting than a restored classic. The photos attached show each end of the Saturday line up.

An enjoyable chat with the owner of MHG 408T (listerjp2) was a reminder that Marlins should be used and enjoyed, not locked away as mine had been for way too long! Loving the refusal to accept that a Roadster shouldn’t be the daily driver! J

Happy to report that the car lapped up the 180 mile round trip and whilst very much relying on 1960’s technology I was relieved to discover that having the overdrive gearbox has meant it was able to comfortably keep pace with modern traffic.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to chat and share experiences / knowledge.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Guess I don't now qualify to be included in the photo line up! Had a great day , thanks to all who attended . Got some comments for not reminding our son it was on at weekend , seems I have become his personal secretary as well as chief mechanic for his Roadster!

Comment

My apologies Alan, here you go - the best I could find

Rgds DC

DC N 2024 13.jpg

Comment

Alan, how about this one? IMG_4712.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X