Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Roadster for sale 29 09 24

Posted on behalf of Dave Coughlan

I wish to sell my 1984 Roadster rolling chassis, and would like to offer it around the owner's club as spares or repair (before advertising it on e-bay).
    It's a rolling chassis, I removed the BL B-series engine & gearbox, intending to replace them with a more modern powertrain, but got married & old !

General Info
    It's 1-owner/builder from new in Oct-1984 & has been garaged from new. All the documents are available, including V5, original invoice, handbook & MOT's etc.

It's Q-Plated.

My location is B47 5NU.

Chassis
    Marina based Chassis #2742M, arrived factory-finished in red oxide. Before assy, I overpainted it with zinc paint then black hammerite -which is starting to peel
    in places, revealing the silver zinc paint.
    I also added tapped plugs to the hollow chassis sections, allowing me to insert oil to reduce corrosion, however, the RH
    lower chassis reveals some minor surface rust -but not perforation.

As a BL apprentice, I enjoyed a large discount on genuine factory parts & used mainly New chassis parts throughout, including F+R Brakes, Differential, Steering
    Rack etc., all of which have covered under 5k miles.
    Rigid brake pipes are cupro-nickel. Wheels are 13" Compomotive (100+) CX.

Powertrain
    This is a rolling chassis. The propshaft is included, along with a B-series exhaust manifold & stainless exhaust box.

Body
    The blue paintwork is 2-pack. As expected, it has several scratches, but no dents. The chrome headlamp bar needs replating.

Electrical
    The harness is a std. Marina 1.8.

Other
    The std factory hood & frame are included. Spare new Girling caliper pistons are supplied. A spare wheel is included.

Reason for Selling / Value
    Although it could be dismantled for spares, I believe the car's worth saving as it's complete (less Engine & G'box) and is a relatively
    straightforward project if the BL 'A' or 'B' Series options were used. The chassis accommodates either engine.

Alternatively, more modern powertrain options are available.
    I'd prefer to sell the car to a club member who understands both the brand & the benefits of the owner's club.

In value terms, I'll consider sensible offers.

Buyer collects. Obviously, with a 40-yr old car, it's sold as seen.

Please call me to discuss further.

Dave Coughlan. (tel) 07930 573962

3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 1.jpg

2.jpg 6.jpg

Why can i not read the text only see photos? thanks

Comment

Dunno, it looks fine to me .....anyone else with a problem ?

Comment

Working...
      X