Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type 9 Propshaft

Hi folks
    I am looking for a Propshaft to go between Ford type 9 box and Marina Diff!
    The Propshaft that I have at the moment went from a 4sp Ford box (smaller spline) and Marina diff.
    Is the best thing to get the correct front connection to the type 9 and have the rest modified to length?
    Any suggestions welcome!
    Regards
    Bryan

Stapley Bryan

Re: Type 9 Propshaft

Message originally posted by: Lee Hunter
    We have made several of these for Roadsters using the front section of a type 9 ford box cut off and the shaft and UJ from a Marina welded together at the correct length. A good machine shop should be able to do this for you, just be carefull that its all set up true before welding so the prop is balanced.

Comment

hi Bryan
      I had mine made by Bailey Morris of St Neots Cambridge they used my marina flange and made me a new prop for ?120 supplying the front spline for the gearbox. Remember the prop for the Type 9 will be shorter. Join the club mate we are a friendly bunch with alot of experiance.
      cheers Bob

Comment

Hi Gents
        Thanks for the info,as I dont have the Type 9 spline I may go with Bobs Idea!
        Bob I don't suppose you still have contact details?
        Must have pressed the wrong button Bob,I've been a club member for several years,and your right you are a friendly bunch!!!!
        Cheers
        Bryan
        Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan
          Bailey Morris ltd
          8 Little end Rd
          Eaton Socon
          St Neots Camb PE19 8GE
          that was the company who made mine , however there must be someone closer to you who could help you
          Cheers Bob

Comment

Hi Bob
            Thanks for info,I guess there must be someone closer but it's finding them when you want them!!
            Although scince first trial fit of engine and box last night it seems there are several other issues to sort regarding the "fit" to be addressed first see new mail!!
            Regards
            Bryan
            Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
            X