Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo cable

Hi
    My Marina 1.8TC (4 speed manual) based Roadster needs a new speedo cable.

The original build manual suggests using a Triumph MKIV speedo head and cable and I'm sure that's what was used in my car.

However, the Speedograph website shows 1 for MKIV and 1 for MKIV 1500 (both for non overdrive box).
    Could anyone please tell me which one I need from the information I have given? Speedograph want ?15 + p&p - is there a better source?

Thanks.

Re: Speedo cable

Simon
    Morris marina uses exactly the same end fittings as Triumph but may be slightly different in length.Speedograph no is 6170-63 for marina ,6170-57 for spitfire 1500

Comment

Hi Alan
      Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Why didn't I think to check the Marina application? Mine is indeed the 63" cable with prefix 6170. Thanks.

Comment

I used Earlpart.co.uk very quick and helpful over phone. Had three cables before someone told me to bind the bottom section where it curves tight to the transmission tunnel with electricians tape. last one has been on over a year now, they were lasting about three months.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Simon Donnelly
          Just to finish off this thread. New speedo cable from speedograph now fitted and working.I knocked in my transmission tunnel in order to reduce the tight turn where the cable exits the gearbox so I hope this one lasts a little longer. Thanks Alan and Mike

Comment

Working...
          X