Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ltr Pinto fit

Hi folks
    I have just trial fitted 2ltr Pinto and type nine box into my Roadster and found it did not fit at all well!
    I'm sure I have read in this wonderfull Forum that It should all go in,so is there anyone local "ish" to me who would be able to let me come and have a look / chat to see if Problems can be sorted or will anyone be at stoneleigh with Pinto engined example that I could get a good peek at?
    Any help would be appreciated!!
    Regards
    Bryan
    Stapley Bryan

Re: 2ltr Pinto fit

Bryan, Mine is a SWB Roadster.It fits like a glove trust me. I had mine in and out six times before I was satisfide with the position. To give as a guide The gearbox bell housing behind the startor motor needs to be approx 1" from the cars chassis bottom fasing fire wall. I fitted a 2lt pinto with standard tin sump from a mk3 capri using capri mounts and has 4" ground clearance, and has a 32/36 twin weber with 50mm deep speedograph air filter and i still have up 1" clearance under bonnet. The engine is fitted with a viscos fan and 1 1/2" clearance from front of fan to the steering rack, but i cut a peice of the upright supports that support the rack to allow for fan blades flexing.My viva radiator is fitted in front side of the rack with a electric fan also and it does not get as warm as the 1800 B series engine on hills. The gearbox mount is the standard capri rubber mount and support braket fitted to the under floor with a 1/2" spacer between the bracket and the floor. If you give me your email address i will take some photos this weekend and send them to you. If you are using the std Marina 1800 axle also for info the car will do 100MPH @5300 ERPM IN 4TH gear and 120MPH @5350 ERPM IN 5TH gear and tested with my sat nav system is spot on with the speedo without any calibrations. So dont give up and keep going forward as it is worth it leaving the boy racers at the lights in there Golf GTI ect.
    Cheers......Bob

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
      Will the MT75 gearbox fit? and with either, what do you do about the clutch, the Ford clutch being cable and the Marina pedal box being hydraulic. I know that there is a hydraulic conversion that the racers use, a cylinder that fits around the gearbox shaft, but it costs megabucks.

Comment

Hi Bob
        Yes please some photos would be great!
        I think I must be trying to get engine up too high in chassis I'll take another look tommorrow.
        My email address is [email protected]
        Many thanks
        Don
        I cant answer either of those questions as I have not got that far yet but I think there are a few threads regarding clutch elsewhere within forum.
        I guess Bob may well have the answer though!
        Regards
        Bryan
        Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
        X