Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch

Hi,
    as Alan and others might be aware my roadster recommissioning is continuing at apace.
    My current problem is identifying the clutch parts.
    My roadster is based on a 1300 marina yet the clutch does not seem to match that of the one in the haynes book for that car.
    It states that the 1300 marina should have a 4 sprung cltch yet the one I have removed is 6 spring and is bigger (8 inch instead of 6 1/2 inch) with the borg and beck part number 53605?
    Did they use two different types of clutch?
    thanks for your help
    Jon b

Re: Clutch

Jon
    I do know that AP Borg and beck changed the design of the Marina clutch several times during it's life in an attempt to cure 'clutch judder' I'm afraid I don't have the information available on whether or not this also included a change in size of the plate,but the last standard was for a clutch plate of 203mm diameter[about 8 inches]. The inportant thing is the no. of splines and spline diameter which should be -20 spline with 22 mm spline diameter.See you Friday at Shardlow ?

Comment

Re: Clutch

Hi Alan,
      I seem to have found some clutch bits at a fair price and you're perfectly correct about the changes in clutch sizes.
      I have found replacements with the same borg and beck number on them so hopefully these will be a straight swap. The chap at Past-parts seemed on the ball about the whole matter so that was good.
      Me and Louisa were hoping to attend on friday as she has had a change of car in the last month and I think she fancied bringing it down to show off! however, its my best man's birthday so we're out on birthday duties. Next month we'll surely be down though.
      hope you are well
      JB

Comment

Working...
      X