Rear brake adjuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brake adjuster

The rear spring repair/complete stripdown/rebuild saga has revealed another necessary repair - one rear brake adjuster has a stripped thread. Does anyone know if the rear brake adjuster - stamped GIRLING BS34 64270895 LM22W - is unique to the Marina/Ital, or is it a generic item ?

Re: Rear brake adjuster

Hi Trevor
    I just might have one will look tomorrow
    Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
        Hi Trevor

Are you going to join us at any point on the Scottish trip this weekend? You don't have to be in the Marlin...You will be 56.2 miles away from us according to Autoroute!

Comment

Trevor
          Think the adjuster is also used on Triumph herald,at one time the adjuster screw was available as a separate item, this may no longer be the case though.The no on body is a casting number-not a part no

Comment

The adjusters are the same as the Herald/Spitfire/GT6/Vitesse and are readily available from the likes of Canley Classics etc...

Also the wheel cyclinders are the same as well and are available in 3 different bore sizes, so you can adjust the brake balance to the rear wheels. I changed mine for larger bore to reduce the braking effort to the rear wheels, this stopped the premature lockup at the back when braking hard.

Comment

Trevor
              yep got one in fact has the same number stamped on it. it is used but in good condition let know if you want it. however if you decide to buy new thats o.k.
              Bob

Comment

Message originally posted by: Lee
                Trevor,
                I got one too if you want it

Comment

Bob, thanks I'll accept your kind offer. Let me know what you want for it and I'll drop you a cheque. Mail me at [email protected].
                  Thanks Lee, could you keep it on hold til I've checked the other one once it stops raining!

Comment

Sue, I'll get the route from Tim and hopefully will catch you at some point.

Comment

Thanks to all for the info, great to be part of a "working" forum. Lee, the other one appears to be working so I'll leave it in your "spares box" for the moment!
                      Just to let you intrepid Scottish Tour guys know - it's stopped raining!

Comment

Thanks Bob, it arrived this morning. I'll put a cheque in the mail. Sorry I couldn't join the Scottish tour - failure of son's Mini steering rack left us without transport.

Comment

Hi Trevor
                          thanks for the cheque how it fit so.k.
                          Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X