Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Message originally posted by: Lee
    Can anyone help me out there, I am doing some work on a mates 1.3 Marina based roadster and it has a misfire as if 2/3 cylinders are not fireing. We have replaced the plugs, points condensor, leads distribtor cap, and even done a compression test which reads 150psi each cylinder and checked the carbs for leaks.
    Has anyone come accross this before????????

Re: Help

Hi Lee
    Hate to state the obvious but are the leads in the correct firing order?? i.e. distributer runs anit-clockwise firing order 1342 this is for the 1.8 i think it is the same for the 1.3
    Bob

Comment

What condition is the rotor arm and has the missfire just appeared or was it there before you started. also have you had the Dizzy out as one of my old cars ran very badly with a miss fire when put the dizzy back 180 deg. out.

Comment

Sorted! Turned out that I set the points up with feeler gauges that were in mils not thou's...stupid me........
        kept Lee and I pulling our hair out for a couple of nights....No dont....no laughing...........

Comment

Easily done - ask Jez, he did something similair I believe when setting the valve clearances on Pinto engined Berlinetta and couldn't figure out why a brand new cam rattled like a tin full of spanners!

Comment

i did something similar when doing my tappety tappits. found out the gap that needed to be and then adjusted them to suit, ran even worse! turns out no1 cylinder rockers go exhaust then inlet, i for some reason used the same sequence for the others whereas they go,
            ex-in- in-ex-ex-in in-ex makes sence when you think about it but like many things on our cars, what you think and what actually is happening is normally quite different.

Comment

Working...
            X