Angled speedo drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angled speedo drive

Having snapped a couple of speedo cables in the life of the Marlin I am thinking of fitting an angled drive during the rebuild. Its for a 1750 Ital - does it need a specific item or is this another generic Morris/Triumph/Leyland part. Yes, there are a couple on eBay ! Is there anywhere else on the interweb that they are available. Thanks.

Re: Angled speedo drive

Item 130141806871 on e bay is same part no as those listed for Triumph Spitfire/Dolomite so should be ok as gearbox is essentially the same. Speedograph and Europa can both supply angled drives [suspect Europa get theirs from Speedograph] also Rimmer Brothers in Lincoln. You could of course just route the cable thro access hole in tunnel and under carpet/sound deadening and take out the acute bend that way. Your choice!

Comment

Thanks Alan, hole in tunnel was the way I was going to go until I saw the angled drives.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
        Belated reply. the "angled drive" on ebay is designed I think, to fit at the speedo end of the cable where the cable uses the screw on type fitting. Certainly it wont fit at the gearbox end where the cable is held to the gearbox by a forked plate secured by a small bolt.

I had to make a hole in the tunnel side and lead the cable discretely under the carpet and out of the front of the footwell.

Comment

Working...
        X