Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping a Marina

Message originally posted by: Don
    Yay! another one bites the dust. Seriously if anyone wants bits then please contact me, I am taking engine, gearbox and rear axle, everything else is up for grabs. I have offered it to the Marina owners club as well so be quick!!!

The massive overheating that I experienced on the Sheb in May was it, cracked the block, the gearbox was on it's way out after a spot of drifting in a local car park to impress the eldest and the rear axle was getting noisy so a complete car just 2 miles down the road seemed like too good a chance to miss. I do have slight pangs of guilt as I learnt on a Marina and it does have a good body. Actually I take that back they're cr*p cars much better off as a Marlin.

Don

Re: Scrapping a Marina

Hi - does the deceased Marina have a gearlever knob in good condition that has the four speed and reverse positions etched on it? (That is - reverse to the right and up).
    Cheers

Comment

I have a spare gear marina gear knob any way, you are welcome to either. Both are pristine with the correct gear change pattern on the top.

Ok so that's the gear knob gone, anything else?

I can be contacted on: donsayers (at) gmail.com just remember to un-mong the email address before you send.

Comment

Just driven the b*st*rd home. what a fright, dodgy brakes, understeer, body roll, how did we put up with it?

Comment

Cool to see that the Marlin's getting a heart transplant and a new lease on life. Aweseome!
          You can surely toast to it's new beginnigs with a glass of Evian...

Comment

5 posts - and the gear knob has gone.

This could be a lo-o-o-ng thread!

(Not that I'm worried you'll beat mine...)

Comment

How about a tie rod end as per photo? Had to attack one which had rusted/evolved into part of the suspension arm and damaged the thread getting it off.
              Attached Files

Comment

Re. scrapped Marina. Do you have the lower steering column with the male spline and possibly the disc brake dust shields?
                Please let me know. David 01453 766426 or email [email protected]

Comment

Hi Don, Do you have the swivel pin and stub axle and front and rear lower arm, in fact anything front suspension?
                  Please let me know 01457834462 or [email protected]

Comment

Yes to all of the above. Rather than filling the forum up with replies I think it would probably be best if people just emailed me direct and I will take it from there.

Thanks Don

Comment

Hi Don, good news but what is your email address!! Please advise. David

Comment

Don's disposable email for this sort of thing is:

donsayers (at) gmail.com.

see third post from top.

Comment

Working...
                        X