High profile tyres - a snip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High profile tyres - a snip...

There was talk on the Berli forum regarding how to make it a more comfy drive. One mooted solution was fitting higher-profile tyres.

This, in theory, should also provide additional benefits such as increasing ground-clearance, raising the gearing slightly (especially welcome on 4-speed 'boxes such as mine), and filling 'em big arches!

Anyways, this is something I've wanted to do for some time, but a little research showed that it's hard to come across high profile tyres unless they are for less-than-standard applications such as vans and 4X4s.

I've just come across these: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m26b125s496p1814

Yep, I know they're designed for 4X4 use, but on a road/off-road scale of 1-10, these come in at 2. Ie: they are designed primarily for road use having good handling and road-holding properties on metalled roads, but will also tackle loose gravely surfaces with aplomb. Basically, they are used on small Chelsea Tractors such as yer Toyota Ravs, etc. Renowned Japanese make too.

Best thing from a Scottish point of view - they're on offer here for £25 each delivered. I've just ordered 5...

I make no personal claims for them - since I haven't got them yet.

Just in case anyone's interested.

Re: High profile tyres - a snip...

Oh for pity's sakes - they won't have any stock for 3 months...

Comment

...but I've just heard they'll honour the sale price when they do come in.

Comment

Hi Donnie. Tried emailing you but it came back.If you are coming to Stoneleigh I will be in Club tent so collect your mug. Regards Liz

Comment

Ooh, someone's replied to my 'tyre' thread...

Thanks Liz. Don't know yet if I'll be there, but now have an extra huge incentive

Comment

Working...
          X