A bit left over..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit left over..

Well I have rebuilt the gearbox using some new components and some scavenged. My what a pain it is, trying to stop one part disassembling whilst you assemble the rest with mallets. Only thing is, I got a bit left over. Not even sure if its from the gearbox I cant find it on the sectioned drawing in the BL manual, And I cant find anywhere it logically fits on the bu**ered gearbox I have in bits. Photo to follow. Its a spacer 3/4 inch internal dia, by about 1/4 in long. Photo to follow when I can work out a way of doing it.

Its a Marina box.

Re: A bit left over..

This is it....
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Don, I think its the spacer washer from the back end of the mainshaft it sits on the shaft before the tail bearing thats in the tail cover goes on.
      The reason you dont notice it is that it can stay stuck to the bearing when you pull the tail(extension)cover off.
      If its not that then you probably have a little elf in your workshop/garage that throws in the extra bit to keep you guessing. I know I have one in my workshop and his other party trick is to run off with that bit you had in your hand a moment ago!
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Nope Ben it's not that bit. That's flatter than this. I actually think its a spacer from the rocker assembly and nothing to do with the gearbox.

Comment

Hi Don
          looks to me like the spacer/retainer that fits on the layshaft and keeps the needle rollers in place.
          Phil

Comment

Working...
          X