Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Brake Master Cyl

Hi folks
    I require a Brake Master Cylinder service kit for Marina/Roadster.
    It is a dual circuit Girling type,any sugestions for a supplier please.
    Regards
    Bryan
    Stapley Bryan

Re: Marina Brake Master Cyl

Hi Bryan, you could try SpeedySpares http://www.speedyspares.co.uk or telephone: 01273 417889 they normally have some. If you want a complete NOS they have them for £35

Comment

Hi Adrian
      How quick was that reply!!!!!
      Many thanks I'll ring them tommorrow
      Regards
      Bryan
      Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Adrian
        Is that £35 for a kit or a complete dual circuit cylinder?
        My reason for asking is that I was led to believe that they were no longer available and also the reason I've got one sitting in my garage. [No longer have a roadster though!]

Comment

Alan, I have spoken to them but there are a number of questions they have as there are different types. They are not open tomorrow but give them a bell on Thursday and they reckon they could help you out, either with a kit or the whole item. Adrian

Comment

Adrian
            To reiterate,
            I obtained a spare cylinder when I had the roadster as I was reliably informed that new items were no longer available from any source including Girling,and the only option if the cylinder was worn to a point that it would't take new seals was to have the unit resleeved. To have this done and the unit fitted with a new set of seals cost in the region of £120- hence when I had the opportunity to 'obtain' 2 good secondhand cylinders I snapped them up. One I sold on and the other I kept as a spare but never used and is now surplus to requirements.Obtaining a service kit was never a problem but getting a cylinder was or at least thats what I believed. This isn't the case with single circuit cylinders though unless someone wishes to correct that statement!

Comment

Sorry matey mis-understood but I am reliably informed that Speedyspares do have (albeit a small stock)some available. I have always found Speedyspares to have some of the hard to get parts as well as being cheap. I got a complete (including Track Rod Ends)new steering rack for £20 only a few weeks ago. If they don't show it on their web site always give them a bell as they might have it in stock. I know this info is of little use to you now but may be useful for other Roadster users.

Comment

Hi Adrian
                Have orderdered a complete unit as Speedtspares did not have service kit! It was fortysomething quid tho as dual circuit servo type.
                Alan where do you get service kits from please as I may as well build a spare!
                Regards
                bryan
                Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan, Can I be nosey and ask how much you paid for the complete unit? I am glad you have managed to source one. Adrian

Comment

Bryan
                    I got my service kit from local motor factor, but J.E.M on 01455 230626 are good.

Comment

Hi Adrian
                      Master cyl turned out to be £62:28 with postage (ouch!)
                      Alan thanks for info I'll try them!
                      Regards
                      Bryan
                      Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
                      X