What make of car was my donar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What make of car was my donar

I wonder if anyone can help. I have a roadster RUO 556N. It has a 1.6 Toyota engine and 5 speed gearbox. The Chassis No. is 2686 (Roadster that is)with the Toyoya engine number as 2T6406779. I am trying to fit a new dash and dials and need to know what make of Toyota it came from, it could be a Carina, Corrola or something else as these all had 1.6 2T engines. I know the car was built by King Street Motors of Combe Martin (no longer exist)for Marlin. I really need to find this out as I don't want to blow my nice new VDO dials by wiring them incorrectly, anyone? I have tried Toyota, Ringing King Street Motors and looking very carefully at the Haynes Manuals but no luck - Adrian

Re: What make of car was my donar

Celica/ Carina? Don't know beyond that sorry!

Comment

Hi Adrian, Try Google with (Toyota engine numbers) loads of info. especially http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stepho/engcodes.htm
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Cheers Ben, I have looked at that but the number on the engine is as above which unfortunately tells me very little other than it is a 2T. Playing around today I have now blown both headlights and because of their age the screws that hold the front on are seized. The job gets bigger.

Comment

the 2T (inline 4, chain, 1.5-1.8L, 1970-1985)was fitted to: Carina RWD, Celica RWD, Corona RWD, and Corolla RWD.
          http://www.jzxproject.com/mambotest/index2.php?option=content&do_pdf=1&id=10

I suspect that it was from a corolla as these were probably more common however, it shouldnt really matter. Any workshop manual for these models will help you sort it out. However, if you are blowing bulbs it could be that you have a more serious electrical problem and it might be worth consulting an auto-electrician? It sounds like something is not right in the circuitry.

Comment

Cameron - Many thanks, I will attempt to check the wiring using a bulb on the Corolla wiring diagram. I will let you know what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X