Alfa Twin Cam 2.0-litre, 150bhp front-wheel-drive version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Twin Cam 2.0-litre, 150bhp front-wheel-drive version

Any body grafted one of these into a Marlin Roadster? If so, what gearbox did you use? Any information gratefully received.

Re: Alfa Twin Cam 2.0-litre, 150bhp front-wheel-drive version

Hi Brod,
    A number of people, myself included, have fitted Alfa twin cam engines from rear wheel drive cars but I assume the engine you are referring to comes from a more modern car. Apart from fitting a suitable gearbox, you would need to consider where the engine mounts are. I assume the engine is normally transversely mounted. Might be worth talking to some of the Alfa experts such as EB Spares, Alfaman or Alfaholics about what gearboxes could be fitted to this engine. The other thing to consider is that there is a good chance you will have to re-route the steering column if you have the normal Marina based arrangement.

Hope this helps

Comment

Re: Alfa Twin Cam 2.0-litre, 150bhp front-wheel-drive version

Hi Geoff
      Thanks for the information. As you point out, there are many considerations and much to be taken into account. I will investigate the matter further. The engine I have is a chain drive twincam, 2 litre, twin spark, 150 BHP. I will find out what its original fitment was and pursue my enquiries from that point. Again, many thanks

Comment

Working...
      X