starter solenoid and battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter solenoid and battery

Found out why the car won't start - duff solenoid. Original was from the 1275 Marina so a new one has been ordered. The question for you experts is about the battery. When I charge it, five out of six cells bubble. Can I refil the dud one with distilled water to solve this, or is the battery a goner.

Re: starter solenoid and battery

At last - its alive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP35Phm6WhE

Comment

Trevor - scrap it. It will not last.

Comment

Trevor
        Have to agree with Brod, I think it's had it's best days!

Comment

Thanks Brod and Alan - as long as you are referring to the battery, not the car, after seeing the clip.
          New battery purchased today.

Comment

Are you absolutely sure the starting problem was the solenoid. The reason I say this is because my car made the characteristic click and then nothing else when the starter was pressed. Turned out to be not enough volts even though the lights worked (a bit). Twelve hours on the charger and all was well again. Just thinking about your battery and the five cells comment.

Comment

Paul, both solenoid and battery were dead. The battery wasn't taking a charge - any attempts to start it involved jump leads. I think I'm getting old - when did batteries start costing £50+

Comment

Working...
              X