Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraying

Hi again everyone

I am getting to the stage where i am starting to put everything back together on my marlin. I was originally thinking of spraying it myself but am not to sure now. So does anyone know of anywhere that i can get my parts sprayed and to a good quality. I live near Hertford so am looking for somewhere within 100 miles or so from there.

I tried my local body repair shop but i was quoted a silly price.

Cheers Tom

Re: Spraying

Mine was sprayed at QE near Leatherhead by the students, supervised by the man in charge, Dave Carr
    http://www.qefd.org/trainingcollege/index.htm

£550 (a couple of years ago) including materials and also did all the prep. I'm very pleased with the results especially since all the panels were in place on the car.

Comment

Re: Spraying

Hi Tom.

Ok, ever considered doing it yourself - using aerosols?! I am seriously considering this for an NG TF I need to complete. If you buy carefully, 40-50 aerosols can be had for around £100 (split 50:50 between colour and clear lacquer).

I've done a fair bit of spraying using these fellas over the years, and it IS possible to get a superb finish with them. Kit cars are perfect for this type of job since they are made up from separate, relatively small panels - it can be a lot trickier when you have a large panel to cover.

The 'secret' is to apply each coat heavily enough so as not to get 'orange peel', but obviously not so heavy as to cause runs! It's a fine balance. Warming the cans first also gives an added 'oomph' to the spray.

Just a thought!

Comment

Working...
      X