Speedometer - advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer - advice needed

I have a Marlin Roadster fitted with a 1.7 'O' series, 10cwt van back axle and 14" wheels. If I fit a speedometer from a midget or a B, I expect I will need to have the instrument recalibrated. Any advice?

Re: Speedometer - advice needed

Brod,
    I have used Speedy cables in the past to recalibrate a Triumph Speedo from a Spitfire.
    http://www.speedycables.com/
    However, when this broke many years later I recalibrated the replacement myself. This is easy these days if you have a Sat Nav system as these tell you your speed. The needle in the speedo rests a gainst a pin when the car is not moving. This is because there is a spring that offers resistance which in turn dictates the position of the needle. You simply need to take the speedo apart and increase or decrease the spring resistance until the speedo reads the correct speed. In the case of the Triumph speedo you just rotate the needle on the spindle. However, this will not adjust the error with the mileometer as this is gear driven.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Re: Speedometer - advice needed

Jon. Many thanks for the advice. I will give it a go. Brod

Comment

Working...
      X