Chassis Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Number

Hi all. My Marlin Roadster has recently gone in for MOT, and the garage have said that they will not pass it as they cannot find the chassis number. Obviously this concerns me! On my old Marlin, this was on the bulkhead behind the fluid reservoirs, but apaprently the garage cannot find it anywhere! Any advice as to where it may be? They are adamant that it must be on there.....Thanks.

Re: Chassis Number

Matt,

In the case of my '83 Roadster, the chassis number is on a small plate welded to the front nearside chaasis rail a few inches behind the front bumper.

Hope this helps

Comment

Geoff, many thanks for that. I've passed the message onto the Garage! Cheers for replying. Matt

Comment

The chassis plate on my '83 Roadster is in the same place as Geoff's. Is the position dependent on chassis type ?

Comment

Thanks Trevor - good to know. As I say, the old one was on the bulkhead - and this is what the garage expected - so I guess it depends! Cheers. Matt

Comment

except for the last few mk1 all Triumph kits were marked on the n/s bulkhead then the chassis plate number was welded to the left front chassis behind the bumper. But this may not be the VIN number which(if different)should also be marked on the chassis.
            Hi Matt have you got any details of your old Mk1 ie reg and chassis number colour and did it have doors? also a pic for the Mk1 register please TA Ben
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
            X