Marlin Roadster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster?

Hi. I am on my way to buy a Roadster, 1. date of registration is 4. Dec. 1968. Could someone tell me when the first Roadster / Sportster was build? Where can I find some documentation? In a few days I am going to discuss with the Danish tax-autorities, and hope to convince them, that my car is historic - in Denmark it means build before 1973.
    So - I hope to be the second Roadster owner in Denmark.
    Thank you!

Best regards Peder

Re: Marlin Roadster?

Welcome Peder
    The registration date you have will be the date of registration for the donor car from which the Marlin was built. Ben Caswell is the expert on the early cars ie those based on Triumph suspension components, the Roadster based on Morris Marina suspension didn't appear as a kit until approx 1983.

Comment

Hi Peder,
      The very first Marlin kit wasnt produced until July 1979 so it is doubtful if any roadster was built and on the road before 1980 so I would try and use the fact that all the mechanicals are over the required age and in the UK this would allow the age related registration to stay with the car.
      Any information on the car such as the original UK and current registration number, chassis number, colour and if it has doors would be appreciated.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks! I will have a nice talk to the authorities next week.
        Best regards Peder

Comment

Working...
        X