Rear shocks mounting plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear shocks mounting plates

Does anybody have any of the rear shock absorber mounting plates (Marina axle) knocking about? The ones on my car have been weakened by the tin moth and I'm at last getting round to mounting the decent axle, new springs, new shocks and Panhard Rod kit that I've been collecting over the years. I know lots of you have been cannibalising old Marina's recently and I'd be delighted to contribute to the beer funds of anybody who might wish to dispose of a pair....
    Thanks
    Pete

Re: Rear shocks mounting plates

Pete
    Try this contact - bazandems at aol.com He has numerous spares for Marina but mainly of 1300 cc vehicles which doesn't matter in your case.

Comment

Not sure which bit you mean? Are you talking about the plate at the bottom where the shock absorber attaches to the axle? If yes then I have a pair.

Don donsayers(remove this bit obviously. at)gmail(dot)com

Comment

Hi Don,
        Yes, the plates that are held to the underside of the leaf springs by the U bolts. The theaded end of the shocker goes thru an angled round bush in the plate.
        Thanks, Pete

Comment

Sorry looks like they went with the shell of the car when I got rid of it. They were not on the pile with the other bits.

Comment

Hi Don,
            Thanks for trying - i've mailed the guy Alan suggested but havn't had a reply yet. If the worst come to the worst, i'll try welding a patch into my existing ones when i do the swap. I hope you have success swapping your backplates.

Comment

Hi All,
              Thanks for your help, I've rebuilt using the old ones with a small plate welded in.
              Pete

Comment

Working...
              X