Le Mans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Mans

Just got back from Le Mans with my mate John Brice and remember on either the Friday or Saturday that a bright yellow Cabrio with a passenger came onto the campsite we were on and then departed WHO WAS IT. Also a guy spoke to me while I was driving past the Main entrance to the stands and said he had a Marlin MK2 at home, WHO WAS HE? Any reply would be useful.

Re: Le Mans

Hi Adrian,

If it was yellow and black it could have been Millie, my son and me. We all went Le Mans last weekend. Camping in Beausejour. We had a fantastic time although if we go again I think we will need to take an extra couple of days it all ended up so frenetic that we lost total track of what was happening in the race. Hope in our tiredness we were not rude and ignored you.

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, It must have been you as we didn't spot any other Marlins during our stay between Thursday and Sunday. This was our 8th time and the first with the Marlins. We have always arrive either Wednesday or Thursday before so that we can settle in and get our bearings. On the way back we do a small run to a nearby town, this time Alecon, to stay overnight ready for the return on Monday. Had the top down all the way home despite showers, it was really great. No worries re: ignoring us you were obviously looking for something. Maybe if we do it again we can get a number of us going and make it a proper Marlin weekend.

Comment

Adrian,
        I think we entered your campsite by mistake on Friday. For some reason we did not see a single sign to the circuit or the campsite. We blundered onto your campsite then made the mistake of asking directions from a bunch of brit’s who spoke the same language as us but were not on the whole coherent at the time.

We kept saying to ourselves that it was a big mistake not to come with someone who knows what they are doing, although we ended up pitched next to someone who had been coming for 24 years, so experience may not be everything.

I am told that now is the time to book for 2009. If you are planning an expedition I would certainly be up for it. Perhaps it would be best to contact me at millie_marlin (at) hotmail.co.uk
        Paul

Comment

I think we would be up for an expedition to Le Mans next year if someone would organise it. Liz

Comment

Hi everyone, John and I normally do Le Mans every 2 to 3 years so won't be doing it for some time. For me, I must admit it wasn't as good as previous years as it has got very commercial. They seem to be trying to cram as many people on the campsites as possible. Looking around they seem to be opening up more campsites for next year. Add to this the rising costs and I would need to start saving now.

Comment

Working...
            X