Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Can anyone help me I am trying to make a hood frame for an early marina based roadster. The type of back section without a spare wheel and no edge to plug the frame into. would somebody be able to upload me some photo's of there frame in various angles, and dimensions

Thanks
    Lee

Re: Help

pics and measurements on way, you can use my frame as a template if we can arrange a meet at J36 anytime. I will not be using GRN for two weeks from sunday 10/08/08 .

Comment

Re: Help

Lee

I have a Triumph based roadster circa 1982, the hood frame fits into the chassis rather than the rear body moulding. I have attached a copy of the location point for the hood frame supplied by marlin for both the Triumph and Marina versions.

I have also provided some dimensions taken from my hood frame which may help (assumming the same frame was used on both models). Mine has an additional mondification: there is an extra joint in the frame level level with the top of the rear body. This means the lower part can remain fixed to the chassis hidden behind some trim with the frame slotting in in a similar manner to later models.

The frame is angled back 20 degrees or so from the vertical.

Hope this helps. I should be going to part of the Derbyshire weekend so you can have a look then if it helps.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X