Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Having just received my insurance renewal notice for £178.50 from Footman James for my 1275 Roadster, I remembered some earlier postings regarding shopping around,I found the best quote for me was from Backford Bloor who has taken only £98.75 from me. I've been fortunate at never having had to claim off any, so I don't know how they respond in the event, however with a saving of around £80.00 I'll take a chance

Re: Insurance

Hi Ian,
    Yes I'm with the same company at the same price fully comp,
    It a bargain.
    Terry

Comment

This insurance lark is wierd. I have just paid £98 to Footman James for comp. on my 1275 Roadster. OK, certain details may be different from yours but it's all very odd.
      Franklin, Leicester

Comment

yes lark is the word, I think they all inflate the price unless you're a new customer or you question the quote.
        My son had his Fiat X19 with F/James, his renewal he thought was excessive so he shopped around cutting over £100 off the price, when he rang F/James to tell them he had a better offer they then suddenly produced a better renewal beating his new quote by £10, how do they do it?
        I didn't ring them back, it is wrong that they can have two bites at the same cherry, if my renewal next year is overpriced i'll shop around again for another introductory offer.

Comment

Ian, Terry,

I'm also with Backford Bloor but pay about £160 fully comp with a 3000 mile per annum limit. What mileage limits do you have on your policies?

Comment

Flux wanted over £200 this year on my Cabrio, Got same cover from Backford for £109. Maybe Flux would have come up with better quote but why should I do the work for them!

Comment

I have just taken out insurance with Backford Bloor for my 2 litre roadster at £101.I was with Adrian Flux last year at £100, this year the renewal was for £130. I think they quote keen to get you on the hook and hope you won't be bothered to change next year. Backford Bloor insure through a Loyds cindicate

Comment

Just about ready to get my 1700 Roadster back on the road. Footman James quoted £456 fully comp - 5000 miles. B Bloor quoted £146 for the same. Haven't tried Flux yet - its insured off road with them for £46.

Comment

I was finally able to get insurance. I have been quoted £800 for my 2.5ltr with mileage limit of 5000. Considering that im only 19 i did not think this was too bad really, considering a modern car with the same spec would be well in excess of £2500. That was with adrian flux.

Comment

Working...
                  X