PET HATE CORNER II BUS LANES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PET HATE CORNER II BUS LANES

Bus lanes in roads where there is no local bus traffic, not even a bus stop.

Re: PET HATE CORNER II BUS LANES

But it's like putting breadcrumbs down for the birds; it encourages them to come.

Comment

Have a look at <www.abd.org.uk/buslanes>
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

That link didn't work Ben. I took the buslanes bit off and got ABD but can't find the buslanes reference.

Comment

That link didn't work Ben. I took the buslanes bit off and got ABD but can't find the buslanes reference.

Comment

www.abd.org.uk/buslanes.htm

Comment

I have been talking to ABD re Bus Lanes.
              There are some interesting anomolies in the enforcement legislation depending on the enforcement agency, they may be updating their site and will get it more correct than me.
              I was recently followed, not to say harassed by an emergency vehicle, wanting me to pull into a bus lane to give them free passage.
              I was not prepared to pull into the Bus Lane as it was camera enforced. It turns out that according to ABD, IAM and the DFT, despite the advice given in the highway code I was right to continue as I was, within the speed limit. Not exactly a humanitarian attitude, but that has to be balanced against me losing my licence, job, etc etc.
              It is interesting that the defence 'duress of circumstances' is not necessarily available if you do transgress into the Bus Lane.
              Rant Nearly Over!

Comment

The way I found the ABD site was to google "bus lanes" it is there honest,

Comment

Any emergency vehicle is excempt from bus lane regs so you were right to stay in your lane even a fire appliance could pass in the bus lane.

As a retired fire officer in London it did get frustrating when boxed by another vehicle but you couldnt fault the public as they get nicked if they pull over into the bus lane or push through the traffic lights in an attempt to ease the emergency vehicles progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X