No announcement yet.

Marina 1800 slave cylinder part number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina 1800 slave cylinder part number?

My clutch slave cylinder has been leaking like a sieve, and so I decided to replace it. Using the Haynes manual as a guide, I tried to remove it by doing the "twist and fiddle" trick, so that I didn't have to split the engine and gearbox. There was no way it was coming out as the collar on the slave was far bigger than the cast ring on the bellhousing, and had two flats on it rather than the one.

So, still not wanting to remove the engine and gearbox, I got out my long neck, industrial die grinder and ground off the collar (I reckoned the cylinder was scrap anyway). I soon had the cylinder off.

The part number for the one on my car is 3233-246-C . Does anyone know if this is correct? If not, what is the correct Lockheed part number?

I could, at a pinch, rebuild this cylinder and devise a new method of locating it now that the collar is no more (!) but I'd much rather stick a correct new one on.

Thanks for looking.
    Chris.

Re: Marina 1800 slave cylinder part number?

It will come out without removing the clutch housing, but the clutch operating lever has to be pushed out of the way forcibly with a lever. I made a clutch wanger to do the job. 2 hours to make the tool 10 mins to replace the cylinder. It's available to any one who wants to borrow it.

Comment

The Lockheed part no is LOCLL12398 I got it from my local motor factor Bedford Battery Co,

Comment

Afer 6 yeras standing and about 600 smiles my clutch gave out. The car is now gearboxless waiting for me to have the strength to fit it back on. Will now refurbush the clutch slave cylinder. Thanks for being topical for me.
        Would be interested to see a pic of the tool though.

Comment

I found a new one at Powertrack Brakes. What a helpful guy!
          Thanks for your replies.
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X