its all gone horribly wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its all gone horribly wrong

Ok basically went to bleed my brakes today using an eezi-bled system and the plastic resevoir decided to explode. So i need a new one asap.

Does anybody know of a place where i can get one around hoddesdon in hertfordshire. I was told there was somebody very close but i cant remeber where it was?

many thanks

Re: its all gone horribly wrong

Tom
    Try Powertrack Brakes. Is yours single or dual circuit, Lockhed or Girling? I have a complete Girling dual circuit cylinder/reservoir if it's of any help.

Comment

Jeepers, Tom! Is this the kind of bleeding system that uses the air pressure from a tyre to force the fluid through? Scary.

Make sure there's no fluid left lying on any paintwork or plastic components - or it could be a lot more costly than just a new reservoir.

By the way, I think your thread title is absolutely hilarious!

Comment

Wow - well if the reservoir was old and weak and brittle, you're certainly better that this happen now than for it to fail on the road!

Good luck getting it all sorted.
        Cheers,
        Ty

Comment

Hey Tom, are you coming to the SHEB meeting this weekend? you can have a look at my spare wheel mounting that you were asking about etc if you can make it.
          Cheers,
          Ty

Comment

Tom I wouldnt bother with the pressure system as its very difficult to get a seal and it wastes loads of fluid.Was it the cars reservoir or the one on the bleeding kit that failed.
            If you do use it you need to let the tyre down quite low. You dont need loads of pressure.
            As Donnie says unless youy used "silicone" you must rinses all the old fluid off every thing thats painted.
            Im very impressed with the way you have stayed with it and look forward to seeeing the car back on the road.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I must say that was the saving grace of it happening now and not on the road. I think we got most of the fluid but then got the old pressure washer out to do it all so should be okay. Im not going to the meet this weekend as im working on the car again as getting really close now im using one of the preimer wiring systems looms so it is quite quick and easy to use so far what i have done.

My renault went on friday so just gonna get it through an mot and then do all the other bits when rolling as i need a car.

The biggest advantage i have found with it being registerred as 1965 is the amount of things i dont legally need for an mot such as foglights reverse light hazards etc i only found this all out from my dad after i had installed the lights but owell.

As long as i get a resevoir there is no reaason why it wont be on the road before next weekend. I no i said that last week aswell lol.

all the best

Comment

Working...
              X