how old my car is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how old my car is?

I have recently purchased a marlin roadster (based on a triumph dolamite), (documents are to follow) on a Q Reg, there is a vin plate near battery tray of the following ME5WKD 0030509M - all I know is the car has been in a house garage since 1997, is there any way to tell how old it is ?

Re: how old my car is?

Hi Chris,
    The Vin no with a prefix ME is probably from the donor Triumph. If the car is on a Q then the date of first reg will be the date of the car being put on the road.
    If you can find the (marlin) chassis number I may be able to track the kit manufacture date.
    If the car has all Triumph running gear front and rear, have a look at thre near side bulkhead and on the alloy up turn there should be a 4 figure number followed by a date. Let me know if you find it as I keep the register.
    If its a later car the number should be on the left front chassis just behind the bumper bar, I may be able to give you an approximate date.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Ben many thanks for your reply.
      I have just looked on the front passenger side behind the bumper and the number i have is 2338
      regards chris

Comment

Chris, That means the car is a Mk2 number 338 has your car got Triumph double wish bone and coil front springs or Marina type torsion bars.

Comment

OH and the approx date of the kit is March 83 and usually took about a year or two to complete the car, Hope that helps

Comment

Hi Ben
            Thanks again
            It has leaf strings on the back and hasnt got the coil springs on the front

Comment

That means your car is a Marina based Mk2. Not sure how much of the Dolomite is involved.Have a look back over the last few threads and you may find suppliers for the Marina parts.

Comment

Working...
              X