Brake reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake reservoir

Further to my its all gone horribly wrong thread can anyone help?

I have been searching for a new reservoir to no avail as even rimmer bros don't no what I am on about.

My master cylinder has 3 outputs to the brakes 2 to the front and one to the rear. The reservoir pushes into 2 rubber seals on top and then is screwed down either side onto the cylinder. If you have a look at my very technical drawing you can see the shape of the reservoir. Well sort of

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me out.

Re: Brake reservoir

try again
    Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a Triumph TR7 master cylinder to me...probably used on other BL cars as well.

Comment

Your master cylinder is a "Tandem" dual circuit type late spitfire GT6 among others. Have a close look and you may find a part number on it. Try Coastings Ltd Tel 01564 702388
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Pssst! Ebay item 380068751611

Comment

Thanks everyone chris i think you were right i had a look on the rimmer bros website and luckily they had a diagram which matches, so after quite a few enquires paddocks were able to supply a second hand one out of stores so fingers crossed, i learnt my lesson we will let the tyre down to bout 5-10psi to be safe.

Comment

I AM GUTTED. after fitting the brake reservoir and some careful modifications we got the reservoir whihc was the wrong one to fit and work and hold and bleed the brakes, until we come to put the bonnet on and it is to tall so fowls on the bonnet.

So i got the old one a found the part number which is 3254 789. So this is gettin emailed off to all the major spares guys.

But GOOD NEWS in my times of woe the car started and moved under its own power granted for bout 3 inches forward and 3 inches back but it moved for the first time in bout 4 years i believe, then i thought i better stop as it doesnt have a radiator atm lol.

Comment

Working...
              X