Sidelights, Rear light, spotlights, Marlin Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidelights, Rear light, spotlights, Marlin Logo

Reading the latest pitstop, great work Ed, Jonathan Marks Cabrio appears to have a chrome version of the wing side lights, does anyone know of this upgrade. Also Dave Hitchings, fantastic model, your spotlights look great, can anyone tell me what spotlights compliment the headlamp shells and has anyone mounted them on a badge bar, what looks best? Also Paul Carey Cabrio rear lights have a chrome surround can you tell me this possible upgrade, do mini mk1 rear lights fit?
    My father in Osnabruck is coming to the end of total rebuild of our 1984 Berli that he originally built in Berlin (uk reg) and the car is looking fantastic but just want to add a bit of chrome here and there if possible.
    Attached some photos. Ed I will make him do a lengthy article on rebuild for Pitspot should make interesting reading.
    Another thing when trying to determine the Font of the Marlin logo, the very nice lady at Marlin told me it was hand drawn by Paul M. and the L has drawn in the shape of a peroscope to mark his work with subs.
    Kind Regards
    Paul Stockden
    Attached Files

Re: Sidelights, Rear light, spotlights, Marlin Logo

Hi Paul,
    I obtained the chrome surround for my wing lights a couple of years ago. I have converted the lights to be indicators and also fitted small repeaters in the front wings. This allowed me to remove the motorbike type stalk indicators from the front. I have the stainless rear light covers but have not fitted them yet. I obtained the lot from Marlins about three years ago. I am not sure whether they will still stock them as thay no longer make the Cabrio. Give Terry (the very nice lady at Marlin) an email, she may be able to help.

I have suffered overheating in the past (have increased the number of rad cores now) and so I have avoided placing too much in front of the rad. There are quite a few Berlis with auxiliary lights lets hope that one of them lets you know how the lights are fitted and the effect they have on the cooling airflow.
    Nice to see another Berlinetta on the road!
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Dane thanks for you help, the rear lights upgrade is a ss escutcheon, Marlin will make some if enough people are interested,look at the Cabrio photos on this site.

Comment

Hi Paul,
        I can confirm that Millie’s rear lights are fitted with the optional stainless steel surrounds from Marlin. You fathers lights look to be the same. I had to trim the rubber to suit.

Beautiful looking car. Good luck with the build. Will we see the car in the uk at any time?

Paul
        Attached Files

Comment

Paul
          Thanks, the car will be trailered back to the UK in a month or so.
          Rgds
          Paul

Comment

Paul,
            Where did you get the radiator surround?

Comment

Terry's reply - That's great if you can push it up to 10 people we can do it. Remember these fit all Marlin rear lights.Which gives you a bit more scope.

These are made of stainless steel and sadly materials have gone up, plus our polishers have changed and charge more!!. We used to charge £10.50 each plus Vat it may be as much as double but would prefer to say that would be maximum and if we can do less we will.

Let us know if you are interested - [email protected]

Comment

Roger re front grill my father will be back in Germany on Saturday and will provide you with the details.

Comment

Thanks Paul for your reply but what have you done with your quarter lights? I was thinking of removing mine if I got a tonneaux, do you have one?

Roger

Comment

Roger
                    The intention is to refit the quarter lights, good luck with your plans for a tonneau. Has anyone refined their soft top so it does not look like a pram hood ? The frame is primitive.
                    Rgds
                    Paul

Comment

Hi Roger,
                      Ref our Berli grill surround - it was constructed in a local workshop by a Polish welder, well more of an "artist come welder" because each of his jobs is a work of art.
                      It was made from a SS mesh 420x460mm obtained from Lockwood International in Leeds Tel 0113 244 0070 and a T-sectioned surround to match the original Marlin Alu grill and fit in the nose cone aperture. In total it cost about GBP100, ie.GBP30 for the mesh and €100 for the rest including work.....and BEFORE the pound collapsed against the Euro!!

Comment

Working...
                      X