Toyota Twincam Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Twincam Engine

I have just obtained a unfinished Mk1 roaster, that is fitted with a Toyota Celica engine and 5 speed gearbox, these enginges with rear wheek drive were used from 1971 to around 1984. I would think thet are quite rare now. my one is a 2 litre fitted with Japanness copies of Twin Choke side draft Solex carbs. As soon as I can I will post some photos.

Len.

Re: Toyota Twincam Engine

Nice one Len,
    Look forward to seeing the pics, dose it have the Toyota rear axle as well!!
    Terry

Comment

Hi, Is this the one on Ebay? I hope so, someone needed to take it on board. I went to have a look at it because the guy didn't know what he had. The running gear was based on Triumph and was a supperb build. It did need a lot moe doing to it but what a lovely colour.

Comment

Yesb it is the Roadster that was on Ebay, I just could not afford to let it go, plus I also wish I had never sold My BMW engined roadster early last year (in a moment of madness!), Re the rear end, it is all Triumph, but I am not sure if the rear diff will take the power of the engine or be the right ratio, but I will sort it.

Len.

Comment

Working...
        X