Roaster seat shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaster seat shells

Does anyone know where I can get some Roadster seat shells? I have looked at the web sites of the companies that now make the various updated Marlin based kits, but they only seem to supply ready made seats at a price I am not prepaired to pay! I have industrial sewing machine so can make the covers etc, I just need a pair of shells.

Len.

Re: Roaster seat shells

Have you looked through the forum for 'seats' - there are few mentions of making up seats either from scratch using steel box-section, or else modifying production seats (I think someone used Sierra seats?!) to narrow them down.

If you have the skill to fit padding and make covers, then that's the tricky part taken care of! Getting hold of frames is the easy bit! I've even see MG seat frames (which are pretty narrow) come up on eBay regularly. They might need narrowing very slightly, but this is straight-forward.

With the right choice, you could have recliners and/or tilt seats.

And - very possibly - a few orders from other Marlin owners on here...

Comment

Hi Len, I can see that you intend to take this baby through the SVA. I made this list after reading the SVA booklet and speaking to Don at YKC. I hope it will help.
      1) Brakes must be duel circuit
      2) Steering column must be collapsible
      3) You must round off all body panels by using filler especially under the wings
      4) Windscreen surround must be rounded off with a grinder
      5) Bumpers must be rounded off of find some that you can connect to the original bumpers.
      6) The Dash and its switches/instruments must comply and not protrude.
      7) You must fit demisters for the windscreen
      8) Seat belts - you must either raise the shoulder mounts so that they are above your shoulder or alternatively lower the floor by around 50mm (Marlin use to supply this lowering kit for tall people and I think yours is already lowered with ali.
      9) Make sure your bonnet hinge is rounded off.
      10) Bonnet locks - Use the SVA compliant ones.
      11) Don't use the grease nipples on the door hinges.
      12) Have the hood up when SVA so the lift the dots don't protrude of just don’t fit hood or tonnau
      13) Make sure your door latches are the double lock type as per SVA rules.
      14) You must fit reversing and rear fog lamps.
      15) Make sure all bolts etc are covered with protectors especially at the front.
      This is not exhaustive but are the main points I picked up. Adrian

Comment

Hi Adrian, I have down loaded the SVA manual, and looked at lot of photos of SVA compliant kit cars.
        I will not be fitting a windscreen, I have no doors so no not a problem, revering and fog lamps not a problem, ok re the dash steering wheel, switches also the body work, bolts, bonnet catches, brakes. I need to find out if I can fit full seat harneses. The only worry is proving the date of the engine, but I hope to get verification from Toyota that it is between 1971 to 1978

Comment

Hi Len,
          Give me a call on 07720398794 I may e of help to you

Comment

Working...
          X