Leaded/Unleaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaded/Unleaded

One question I forgot to ask the previous owner of my car was whether or not he used leaded or unleaded fuel.

It is an early 2500 engine so would assume it to be leaded, but is there anyway of checking without pulling the rocker cover off to see the valve seats.

The only difference at the moment it would make to me is putting an additive in to the unleaded fuel so not too bothered either way.

Re: Leaded/Unleaded

Its very doubtful that your car has an unleaded head and there is no way to check without stripping the head to see if its had inserts fitted.
    It is possible to get leaded 4 starCheck out "Bayford Thrust" but its very pricey. As your engine could do with all the octanes it can get as it originally ran on 101. Best bet is Millers VSP as this does both jobs. Engine timing will need to be at about 8 to 10 degess before TDC.
    Check the valve clearance are correct and then keep a regular eye on them. If they keep closing up you are probably eating up the seats. Try to keep the revs down and even run the valve clearances a bit slack and dont over lean the mixture that will all help to keep the seats cool.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
    X