Battery in the boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery in the boot

I am in the process of moving my battery to the rear of the car - mostly to get as much weight at the back for trialing - has anyone done this - Do you have any tips ?

Again perhaps I am paranoid, but it will end up in the area around the fuel tank - have people put the battery in a sealed box, or just left it open in the boot space ...

Re: Battery in the boot

Funnily enough I've just returned from the garage having finished my new rear battery box (open) and wiring. I too was a little nervous about having sources of fuel and spark so close together, but then recalled the many Minis I've had, all of which had battery and tank in the boot. Admittedly not as close, but providing all pipes are securely fitted and wires properly routed there shouldn't be an issue...and there are plenty of people running this set up Though I will be carefully routing the tank vapour outlet well away from the battery...
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi Andy,
      I have located the battery to the rear it goes in a special cut out in the rear bulk head with a cover over it. I located there as there was no room as I put a remote servo in its place.

Comment

Andy

You need to ensure the terminals are protected as a metalic object shorting them out could be exciting! I rember my father telling me what happened when the lid of the battery compartment on his VW Beatle shorted the battery out. I was sitting in the back at the time

Regards

Nick

Comment

Andy, I hope you pick this up. I am beginning the paint job and wonder how much cellulose I will need. The Berlinetta is a tab larger than the Roadster, out of the 5 litres you bought how much did you use?

I don/t want to get half way through and run out.

Many thanks Roger

Comment

Working...
          X