Headlamp Bar, Wing Supports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp Bar, Wing Supports

Does any one have a headlamp bar for a Mk1 roadster, also the wing supports, or can any one send me the dimensions for the parts or drawings?

Len.

Re: Headlamp Bar, Wing Supports

I can have a look and get some pictures and measurments on saturday for you len. What is the easiest way to mount the headlights just move the bar around until it fits nicely? as my wings are mounted slighlty differently now the holes are in the wrong places. I am tempted to make some adapting plates just so i dont drill more holes in them.

Comment

Another possibility if you struggle to find one is i am in a very fortunate position of my girlfriends dad owning an engineering factory snd he is always willing to take on small jobs. one saturday morning we made my new side panels which are now fitted to the car and are spot on.

Comment

I have just come up against the same issue as I have been restoring my Mk1 that did not previously have a headlamp bar. I thought this was going to be quite a big problem but it turned out to be relatively easy to sort. The attached photos show my crude but effective cardboard and steel tube mock-up bar with mounting brackets. A ring round with yellow pages found a local fabricator willing to re-create these in stainless steel and the whole job cost £80 which seemed quite reasonable considering the quality of the finished bar.
        Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

Just to clarify the point of my previous posting I haven't included any measurements as my front wings have been modified from the originals and therefore may not be correct for your car. The advantage of a mock-up based on your own car is you won't be buying something that won't do the job.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X