Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy rim and cover for the spare wheel

Hello,

as you already know I'm from Germany and I've bought a Berli 4 months ago. With the friendly help from Terry of Marlin Sports Cars I got the german registration in september finally.
    Now I have two questions:
    The car runs on alloy rims shown by the attached pictures. But the spare wheel is still a steel rim. Because it doesn't look good I want to change it to the same alloy the car runs on. Does somebody know where I can get the same wheel?
    And independent from the rim I'm looking for a cover (is this the right word???) for the spare wheel. Does anybody have an idea where I can get some?
    Many thanks for your help in advance!

cheers
    Gundolf
    Attached Files

Re: Alloy rim and cover for the spare wheel

Hi Gundolf,

I recently obtained a wheel cover for my Mitsubishi 4x4 from a firm that produce covers in all sizes. They have stainless types, or,one similar to mine which is vinyl with a hard rear disk. They have a lot of art work they can print on to this disk. They will also accept artwork from yourself if you prefer. The prices are OK for a simple semi-rigid cover but the artwork will increase the price. I will be buying one from them for my Berlinetta once I have decided what design I would like.
    They are:
    www.direct4x4.co.uk
    You may have such a company in Germany which would be cheaper for you.

Good luck with it!
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Gundolf,
      Congratulations on getting your Marlin registered. I hope you have many happy hours driving it.

I have always called that type of wheel a “compomotive”. I presume that is the manufacturer’s name. There certainly is a compomotive company. They do seem to have some listed on ebay but beware of getting the right hub fitting.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
      Paul

Comment

Hi Dane and Paul,

first I have to apologize for my late response. But at the moment I am a little bit stressed by my work and I don't have the time to have a look into the world wide web every day.

@Dane
        Many thanks for your proposal. I've found already such a company also in Germany. And I have also the problem to decide what design I would like.
        @Paul
        Many tanks for your congratulations. I had already some really happy hours driving my Berli on sunny weekends in september (we had already our first week long holiday trip driving open through Germany) and october. And I hope I will have many more next year.
        I have tried to find "compotmative" on ebay and I have also looked for a compomotive company, but I didn't found anything.
        But it is not urgent and if I find the right cover for the spare wheel I won't see the problem any more. ;-)))

Many thanks at all
        Gundolf

Comment

Dear Gundolf,
          Good to hear that you are enjoying your car.

I notice that you have used some creativity in your spelling of “compomotive” but it makes little difference as there are good examples on ebay at the moment.

The compomotive web sit is at the bottom of this append. They do not seem to have exactly your wheels though.

Take care,
          Paul

http://www.comp.co.uk/wheels/modular.asp

Comment

Working...
          X