Steering column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering column

Hi, I am part way through refurbishing my Berlinetta, and now need a steering column bush kit for , I think, a Mk111 Cortina column.
    Any suggestions to source parts appreciated.
    Paul

Re: Steering column

Further to above the fuel gauge in my car is wildly inaccurate. I think I have a Mk111 Cortina tank connected to a Smiths gauge which shows off the gauge when full, takes a long time to move, and shows just above half full when nearly empty. Should I be looking to buy a compatible setup. If so, what do I change?
    Paul

Comment

Paul
      I have a Mk5 Estate that I am about to scrap if you nneed anything. Just down the road in Aberystwyth, a nice marlin drive!!

Comment

Thank you for the offer Huw. Perhaps we can speak about the options. My number is 01341-241335.
        I am at Llanbedr, between Barmouth and Harlech.

Comment

I have been searching the internet and have found a very helpful man at Kit Car Bits in Lincolnshire. He tells me that if the steering column in my Berli was from a Mk 111 Cortina then the top bearing should be sprung loaded. I don't think that mine is so has anyone got any advice on this issue. Will a push in bush take out the play or must I try to source original parts?
          Paul

Comment

Paul,
            Regarding your fuel gauge, I had a Smiths gauge linked to a Ford sender and I couldn't get the gauge to read sensibly. I changed it for a gauge from a Cortina mk2 (1600E) and it has worked well since. I had the same experience with the temp gauge, so it's possible that Smiths and Ford parts aren't compatible.

Comment

Working...
            X