Message for Mick O'Malley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message for Mick O'Malley

Hi Mick,Im the Triumph tech rep and register keeper for Mk1 cars.
    Your car is an early Mk1 car(raised rear deck).
    Your best bet for a screen would be to make a hardboard template and the get one cut by your local auto screen company (there are at least 3 types of roadster screen)
    The pedal assembly for brakes and clutch are from Herald or spitfire with the pedals shortened,
    Rear lamps are Rubberlite trailer lights.

I would be interested in the reg number and chassis number which is punched into the n/s bulkhead upturn. should begin with 1... date. Any more info ie engine etc would be welcome.
    Regards Ben Caswell
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Re: Message for Mick O'Malley

Hi Ben

It's 0025. 05.05.80. It has the Spitfire 1300 eight port engine and all standard Spitfire suspension. The wires are on bolt on adaptors. I bought an aluminium gearbox for it on eBay so have a standard one spare. I have the pedals, mounting brackets and master cylinders but need the reaction rods and retyurn springs. I could easily cobble these but I'm lazy!

I would have started building last year if only my daughter hadn't produced a first grandchild and I hadn't bothered going to S. America on my motorbike for eight months. I'm no stranger to kit cars having had 10 Duttons (I know) between 1982 and 1999 before going back exclusively on two wheels. I bought a short wheelbase Scamp MkIII last month (eBay again!) as a runaround but it's soaking up my time: the build quality can best be described as abysmal! As soon as I feel I can drive it without putting my life in danger I'll start on the Marlin, weather permitting, as I have no garage.

We did meet at Stoneleigh last year: Sue pointed me at you and you showed me your and your son's cars.

Give me a ring on 01452 424545 if you'd like to know more.

Regards, Mick

Comment

Re: Message for Mick O'Malley

Thanks Mick I will try and catch up with you next week.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
      X