Windscreen suround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen suround

I have just purchased a Marlin Sporster in quite a sorry state, I have noticed that most have a chrome finish to the windscreen suround does anyone know where I can get on? Thanks Gerry

Re: Windscreen suround

Gerry
    As you have posted this under 'Roadster' I guess that's what you have purchased. Most have the windscreen frame in painted form whith a few exceptions, Lee Hunters being one. He has a stainless steel capping which was offered by YKC when they produced the roadster, Marlin also offered similair for the Cabrio. More enterprising /talented owners have produced their own cappings.Sorry but don't know where you would get such an item now

Comment

Hi Gerry,
      My roadster has a s/steel capping which was produced by Marlin and as far as I know this is the only one they made. It was a pig to fit and required many .changes to make it fit. YKC used to chrome plate there roadster screen frames as they where bolted on.

Comment

I have seen one roadster that had the screen frame that is part of the chassis chromed but this needs to be done before the build. Hammerite siver smooth works OK.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
        X