Worn Marina Inner Steering Column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worn Marina Inner Steering Column

I have replaced the upper plastic bush and the lower felt with limited success. I have eliminated the play in the felt bush but the steering wheel lift is still the same with about 10 thou movement, which is more than the man at the MOT wants to see. Replacement steering columns seem as rare as rocking horse do-da, so what do other members do to rectify a worn column ? Does anyone have a part number for the column ?

Re: Worn Marina Inner Steering Column

Hi John, the obvious answer is find a more helpfull MOT station. However, if you split the nylon bush with a fine hacksaw blade, put a turn of tape round it and push it in, the column should be a good fit. I would suggest trying with your old bush first if you still have it. One layer of electrical tape would prob. be enough.
    Best of luck.

Comment

You're up early!!!!

Comment

Hi John. If you remember I took you to see my little wonder mechanic down by the Wycombe Wanderers Stadium in High Wycombe. Get him to do your MOT, Mine always passes and I have a tad more play in my steering than yours. Adrian

Comment

I used Hugh's solution to great effect. I was told by my helpful MOT station that it wasn't an MOT fail item anyway...

I packed it out just so that it felt better. I used the same solution to take the play out of the felt bush at the bottom too.

Comment

Just got my MoT (hooray) at a different still sympathetic test place with a couple of different advisories from the last place. So Hugh's advice to try somewhere else must be good. Still and all, the tape wind sounds the best solution

Comment

Working...
            X