Boot Hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Hinges

Happy New Year Everyone. After stripping down my Berli, I am now rebuilding - but loads of parts have perished and fell to bits, among these are a pair of homemade boot hinges - I cant put them back. Can anyone advise.

Re: Boot Hinges

Barry, Attached taken from original build manual - hope it helps. A Google search for CHROMED HINGES shows a good selection.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Neville, the diagram is very helpful - I will have a look on Google and hopefully find a suitable hinge.

Comment

Barry, The hinges on my Berli are a pair of brass 2"backflap hinges which have been bent as the Build Manual and I have them Chromium plated and fixed them with SS button head M6 bolts

Comment

Hi Tim, I can see where your coming from. My hinges were ordinary metal hinges that had been bent into shape, unfortunately the previous owner didnt get them plated consequently they rusted. I,ve just bought a pair of offset Marine hinges off ebay which I hope will fit (fingers crossed) Many thanks for the info Tim.

Comment

On the subject of the boot area, has anyone found a better way to support the boot-lid when open. My Berli has 2 webbing straps, on which the whole weight of the large spare-wheel is supported. This puts a lot of strain on the strap's mountings, which are threatening to pull through the webbing.

I was wondering whether some ironmongery could substitute - say a couple of metal hinged or telescopic arms?

Any ideas, guys?
            Cheers
            Mike

Comment

The boot lid of my Berli is held open by two telescopic arms fittedf rom the boot floor to the inside of the boot lid. They were from the tailgate of an FSO Polonez. (You don't get many of them to the pound nowadays). Try looking at Hatchback or van telescopic arms, I have a Daihatsu Hi Jet van that has suitable arms, but new they are a fortune new (£90 I was quoted from a main dealer) Good old Ebay is probably the best bet,good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X