Accident damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident damage

A tale of woe I am afraid, this weekend I was unfortunate to be in the way when a 4x4 decided to reverse at speed straight into me so I need a few spares.

Does anybody have an idea where I could get replacement inner wings (alluminium), headlights, headlight bar, front valance (the fibreglass panel that goes in front of the radiator and wraps around the bumper). I might be able to get the front of the wings straightened but there is a bit of a crease!

Any advice (other than waiting in a queue behind a 4 x 4) welcome

Re: Accident damage

Hi Patrick, what is your lightbar chrome or painted? and are your lights cibie or fibreglass bowls?
    Regards
    Danny.

Comment

Hi Danny

Chrome lightbar and fibreglass bowls with sealed beams but I guess I could fit higher spec replacements when the claim goes through

Comment

Hi Patrick, I have a member who has a painted lightbar and
        headlights. The lightbar is sprayed in silver.
        Regards
        Danny.

Comment

Hi there patrick sorry to hear about the accident.

I got missus dad to make me some new aluminium inner wings early last year, what type of marlin do you have as mine were for mark1 with no doors. My side panles were originally two bits but i made it into one but still have the originals so can use them as a template. (im asuming the front halves should be the same as a doored version.)

Another posibility is we can always use your bent ones as a template.

If interested drop me an email [email protected]

Tom

Comment

If the damaged car has alloy inner wings its a Mk2 type.
            any local sheet metal worker should be able to copy the alloy panels I think I have a paper template taken from a replacement inner wing which I could trace if your desperate.
            Easiest way with the lights will be to replace with Cibie Oscar H4 available from CARS (rally sport suppliers) let me know if you need their contact no.(make sure they are the metal bowl type)
            It shouldnt be too difficult to get a lamp bar made.
            Your biggest problem will be the nose/rad surround In the past members have had their damaged one repaired and in one case of a wing the GRP company then moulded a replacement from the repaired one. Someone may loan you a panel to have copied if you ask on the forum.Keep all the old bits until the claim is settled. Make sure you ckeck all the suspension as its possible the front wheels took some of the impact. Best of luck with the insurance co. Ben
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi all
              Thanks for the advice. Got an estimate for repair (ouch!) so will put the claim in to the ins company and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
              X